Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 62: Monday night Stompin'!

The highlight today was I was able to attend my usual Monday swing dancing event in London called Stompin' at the 100 Club on Oxford Street. I didn't know what to expect but one thing I did know was that there was meant to be a huge big band playing. Well, they fulfilled my expectations as they were truly amazing. During the break between sets, Simon (the organiser) DJd a special dance called a jam where everyone makes a circle around someone and people keep dancing with that person through the whole song. This is usually done for birthdays but as I'm leaving the UK they had one for me tonight. At one point I think I had two men dancing with me! It was just an altogether fabulous night, for many reasons, but most of all because of my wonderful friends.

No comments: