Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 63: Happy Diwali

Today was Diwali! After my late night yesterday (okay, how about very early morning today), I was up quite early to get to work for two meetings during the day. I had a harrowing experience dragging all my luggage across town and to my aunt and uncle's place (with Nimesh who helped me greatly). But it was worth it! Lovely dinner, lovely company, and the perfect excuse to wear my new sari from Pune. I wonder how many more saris I can buy when I'm there next week...

4 comments:

Morpheus said...

That sari was particularly lovely..great colour! There is a shop in the old end of Pune where I went mad buying saris..the name does not come to mind at this hour..but i shall email it to you..husband took me..and i went berserk!

geeta said...

Thanks yaar...you looked lovely. I will send you the photos I shot. I always go to Laxmi Road for saris in Pune...hope I can manage it on my own this time. Watch this space for a photo!

Unknown said...

Geeta, you should go to Kasat on Karve Road. My mum used to go there and they have a fantastic selection

geeta said...

Thanks V - I think I know it. I used to go to Vama but I prefer the smaller shops.